NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FOR BPAC/ACCOB JOINT COMMUNITY STUDIO THEATRE INITIATIVE FUNDING
Burlington, ON – The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC) and the Arts & Culture Council of Burlington (ACCOB) are thrilled to announce the BPAC / ACCOB Community Studio Theatre Initiative – a new funding opportunity for community artists and arts & culture organizations to help offset the costs associated with renting The Centre’s Community Studio Theatre. Funds for this new initiative are raised through The Burlington Performing Arts Centre’s annual Festival of Trees, the first of which took place in November and December 2017. Funds raised will be used to cover the base rent of the BPAC Community Studio Theatre for 4 days in 2018. Interested artists, arts organizations, and cultural organizations are invited to submit applications on or before Saturday, March 31 at 11:59pm to email@example.com, permitting they meet the following requirements:
• Applicants must be members of the ACCOB ($25 annual membership fee) at the time of submitting their application. Visit www.artscultureburlington.ca/membership/ for more information
• Applicants may be individual artists OR a collective / arts & culture organization
• Applicants must be from Burlington or the Burlington area, which for the purposes of this
funding program encompasses Halton Region and the Hamilton-Wentworth Region
• Applicants must submit a maximum 500-word document outlining WHO they are; WHAT they
want to do (artistic scope of the project); WHEN they would like to do it and WHY they are deserved of the funding
• Priority will be given to applicants who have not had the opportunity or means to rent the
Community Studio Theatre in the past
The ACCOB Board of Directors will adjudicate the applications and contact those chosen to be the recipients of the funding. Successful applicants will be contacted no later than Monday, April 16, 2018.
– 30 –
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is a spectacular LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) GOLD certified facility. The Centre is inclusive and respectful to all, combining accessibility with imaginative design and creativity, incorporating accessibility features wherever possible. The mission of The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is to provide the people of Burlington with a broad range of excellent performance opportunities that will both inspire and delight.
Tel: 905-681-2551 ext. 6318