Live & Local
Local Artist Development Initiative
Now Accepting Live/Streaming Performance Submissions!
Here’s your chance to connect and entertain a wider audience through our online community.
How it works
- Send us your info using the form below.
- BPAC staff will review the entries and selected artists will be notified.
- Artists will then stream their performance from their own Facebook profile or page on a specified date and time–BPAC staff will need a bit of time to organize and send out communications prior to your performance
- BPAC will share the performance info via our Facebook page (6,000+ followers) and email list (30,000+ subscribers).
- Artists must be respectful of all audiences and demonstrate responsible social distancing.
- Performances are expected to last 15-30 minutes and can be any genre or medium.
If selected, you must be able to provide:
- a headshot or performance image (800px x 530px minimum)
- artists/band logo (if you have one)
- a list of social handles
Live & Local Music Series Committee
Bio coming soon…
Frank Allison started playing in rock and roll bands in Vancouver in the 60’s, turning pro in about 1967. Frank worked steadily in night clubs, television & radio, creative and commercial studio work. With the advent of technology, the work dried up…so he went back to UBC and finished an honours degree in Music accompanied with a teachers certificate.
Frank’s sister (from Oakville) saw an ad in the Globe & Mail looking for a music teacher with knowledge of the guitar…basically a tailor-made job. He started in 1988 at the old Gen. Brock HS and retired in 2013…since then he continues to play music…got a Masters certificate in guitar from Berklee College (Boston)…started the foundation for his mother and look forward to giving back.
Howie Wark played guitar as a youngster to the sounds of Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings. He grew up in a small town, so sports eventually won out; leading to competitive golf. Howie graduated from Mohawk College Radio Broadcasting and his love of music led him to be a DJ for over 10 years. Now Howie looks forward to meeting local artists and helping our team promote the enormous talent coming from Burlington and the surrounding area at Live and Local at BPAC.