fbpx
skip to Main Content

Culture Days 2020

Postcard Stories

Read some of the Postcard Story entries below!

Purple Dreams

She visits her grandchildren while we are sleeping. Tonight it’s my turn. Everything glistens in shades of purple. Joan is…

Read more...
Connie

I hugged a stranger today. Her smile was warm and sympathetic. The tag hanging from her lanyard said her name…

Read more...
Culture Days, 2018

I came to Culture Days somewhat apprehensive, not knowing what to expect. First came a smudging ritual. Then an impactful…

Read more...
Night Wait

Dear Mum, I keep having this dream: we’re waiting around for the night bus at 41st and Granville together, the…

Read more...
Past, Present, Future

The past is a cut purse Taking what it needs To form the present By which it reaches The future…

Read more...
Blue Wings

The years all past in vain. Memories faded, but not the pain. Can you fly, Blue Wings, can you fly?…

Read more...
Sax ‘n Sync

It was such an honour and pleasure when our group Sax ‘n Sync was invited to participate in 2016 and…

Read more...
Retirement

Retirement came easier than I thought. Not a leap from a high cliff, but a stroll with family out a…

Read more...
Celebration

“Oh Canada” A chance to honour my country, and on Canada day 2020! It started with a new arrangement of…

Read more...
Came a Lady

Came a lady Special as can be She came in and then Disappeared Again After being with me She was…

Read more...
The Falls

Ever been up against the wall? Are you willing to take the fall? Echoing voices in your head Or taking…

Read more...
×Close search
Search