Nothing at this time... please check back later.
Theatre Technician (Casual, Part-time)
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC) is a vibrant, Gold LEED Certified venue, a presenter, a cultural developer, an educator and a community hub. The facility features a 720-seat Main Stage; a 165-seat Community Studio Theatre; a bright and spacious Family Lobby and an outdoor Plaza. BPAC presents a diverse season of professional entertainment, featuring over 70 performances each year in every genre, as well an Education Series, festivals, workshops and community engagement events. BPAC is also a rental facility, working with local community groups, promoters, dance competitions, corporate events and more.
Reporting to the Technical Supervisor, this position provides technical services to the Technical Department in the areas of Stage Carpentry and Rigging, Lighting and Audio and ensure the smooth operations of all events. Incumbent will have strength and experience in one of these as their area of Primary expertise, and a secondary strength in one of these as their area of Secondary expertise. Provide services for the Technical Department, including operating theatre equipment, equipment maintenance, mentoring of community users, Health and Safety.
- Participate in the set-up and strike of facility rentals and BPAC events as required. When necessary fulfill a crew head position in one of the areas of Stage Carpentry & Rigging, Lighting and Audio
- Provide technical support, training and mentoring to community users
- Follow policies and procedures and established operational guidelines for equipment and systems related to the Technical Department
- Responsible for maintaining stock of supplies and maintenance of equipment
- Direct theatre and room set-ups according to contracts for programs and events.
Health & Safety
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Technical Supervisor implement, follow and monitor established policies and procedures related to Health and Safety
- Monitor all activities in areas accessible to user groups to ensure safe and orderly behaviour and procedures with an emphasis on WSIB and WHMIS regulations.
- Maintain valid First aid certificate;
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies and practices are followed
- 2 – 5 years recent experience in the technical operations of a professional performing arts centre or a major entertainment venue.
- A sound knowledge of the performance arts industry and relevant governing legislation.
- Demonstrated experience operating theatrical lighting consoles, audio consoles, theatrical rigging systems, personnel lifts, gala orchestra lift operation, video projection equipment and power and hand tools.
- Excellent understanding of IT and computer networking
- Motivated individual with proven initiative and excellent time and project management skills.
Hours are irregular and include frequent evening and weekend work on a bi-weekly flex schedule. The workspace has high public visibility with exposure to public criticism. Incumbent should be able to lift up to 75lbs.
Please send covering letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com.
Reference ‘Theatre Technicial Casual Part-time’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, patrons and artists.