Marketing & Development Manager
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC) is a vibrant, Gold LEED Certified venue, a presenter, a cultural developer, an educator and a community hub located in beautiful downtown Burlington. The facility features a 720-seat Main Stage; a 165-seat Community Studio Theatre; a bright and spacious Family Lobby and an outdoor Plaza. BPAC presents a diverse season of multi-disciplinary professional entertainment, as well an Education Series, festivals, workshops and community engagement events. BPAC is also a rental facility, working with local community groups, promoters, dance competitions, corporate events and more.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working closely with the Creative Lead, Marketing Assistant and the Box Office Supervisor, the Marketing & Development Manager will be engaged in all aspects of The Burlington Performing Arts Centre’s (BPAC) marketing and development efforts. The incumbent will be an experienced, creative, goal-oriented marketing and sales professional who can effectively develop, execute, and analyze promotional strategies and campaigns for BPAC’s performance season, as well as create and solicit sponsorship opportunities and membership appeals to support those performances. This includes leveraging key stakeholder relationships and media contacts to ensure ticket sales goals and sponsorship and membership revenue targets are met. Strong project-management skills and the ability to develop and foster positive working relationships with the media, artists, patrons, donors and community partners is essential.
Key & Responsibilities
- Plan and implement all marketing campaigns within an annual budget to generate maximum participation, attendance and ticket sales
- Strategize individual promotional plans for each performance and event in the Season
- Prepare and disseminate press releases and solicit interviews for articles and for social media content
- Closely monitor ticket sales and adjust promotional activity as needed to reach ticket sales goals
- Schedule and track external advertising
- Coordinate the dissemination of all marketing materials (mailings, posters etc.) and plan all lobby displays
- Work with Executive Director to establish advertising rates, policies, and procedures
- With the Marketing Assistant, develop and implement all digital marketing strategies
- Analyze and report on tickets sales vs marketing campaigns, and ongoing marketing expenses
- Work within the community on promotions and strategic marketing partnerships
- Work with artists / artists’ representatives to ensure marketing collateral is received and promotional images for artist engagement is approved
- Work with artists / artists’ representatives to coordinate press interviews and appearances and to ensure active engagement with performance-related social media promotion.
- Ensure all publicity and marketing requirements as outlined in artist contract are fulfilled
- Develop sponsorship proposals/packages and actively solicit sponsors to meet revenue targets
- Plan and execute annual membership campaign, develop attractive membership levels and benefits, increasing revenue and broadening member base
- Represents organization at all member, donor, and sponsor-related events
- Develop and execute a strategy to solicit advertisers for BPAC Playbills, Programs and Brochures
- Ensure that all Sponsors, Donors, Members and funding organizations are recognized appropriately in all marketing materials
- Implement strategies to cultivate new members, donors and sponsors while actively maintaining current stakeholder relationships
- Assist with grant applications as required, particularly the collection and tracking of statistical information
- Track and document accurate attendance numbers for grants and other reports
- A related college or university degree + 3 – 5 years’ work experience in marketing and development, preferably in the arts industry
- The ability to think creatively, work independently, lead a small team and take initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities and meet deadlines in a small, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- A knowledge of and passion for the performing arts
Hours of Work
Standard hours of work will be 40 hours per week, although longer hours may be required on occasion. The position requires flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends during performance periods.
$70K – $75K plus comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Please send covering letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference ‘Marketing & Development Manager’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, patrons and artists. BPAC is actively interested in supporting BIPOC peoples and members of the LGBTQ+ communities and we encourage members of those communities to apply. We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.
Box Office Customer Service Representative (Part-time)
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC) is a vibrant, Gold LEED Certified venue, a presenter, a cultural developer, an educator and a community hub. The facility features a 720-seat Main Stage; a 165-seat Community Studio Theatre; a bright and spacious Family Lobby and an outdoor Plaza. BPAC presents a diverse season of professional entertainment, featuring over 70 performances each year in every genre, as well an Education Series, festivals, workshops and community engagement events. BPAC is also a rental facility, working with local community groups, promoters, dance competitions, corporate events and more.
Reporting directly to the Box Office Supervisor, this role is responsible for providing front line customer service to patrons. Box Office CSRs assist patrons in making purchasing decisions, and provide information about BPAC’s programming and rental activities, as well as seating in both performance spaces. Adapting to the varying pace of sales, they provide customer service over the phone and in person. The position manages cash and POS sales and deposits, and requires adherence to privacy legislations, BPAC policies, and emergency protocols.
- Builds customer loyalty by creating a positive experience through understanding and meeting customer needs quickly, professionally and accurately
- Develops a strong knowledge of The Burlington Performing Arts Centre’s programming and rental activity, marketing strategies relevant to ticket sales, box office functions, policies and procedures
- Provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external clients, answering questions about performances, local restaurants, parking, and downtown Burlington
- Responsible for in-person and phone sales: booking tickets, memberships, donations, gift certificates and any other BPAC box office products; also provides support to patrons purchasing tickets online
- Maintains database of patrons, ensuring accurate data entry and information tracking
- Provides information about patrons’ accessible requirements to Front of House and Technical staff, ensuring superior customer service at events
- Provides administrative support as required
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years working in Customer Service environment; Box Office or other live entertainment experience is an asset
- Knowledge of database management and reporting
- Experience handling cash, POS machines and telephone sales
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; familiarity with TixHub or other ticketing software is an asset
- Well organized and able to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner under pressure
- Enthusiastic interest in the arts and entertainment industry
- Must be dependable, punctual, and a team player
Hours of Work
This is casual, part-time employment. Evening and weekend shifts are required. Hours are conditional upon BPAC’s programming and rental schedule and are both weekly and seasonally variable.
$16.25 / hour
Please send covering letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Reference ‘Box Office CSR’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, patrons and artists.