Bartender (Casual, Part-Time)
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre (BPAC) is a vibrant, Gold LEED Certified venue, a presenter, a cultural developer, an educator and a community hub. The facility features a 720-seat Main Stage; a 165-seat Community Studio Theatre; a bright and spacious Family Lobby and an outdoor Plaza. BPAC presents a diverse season of professional entertainment, featuring over 70 performances each year in every genre, as well an Education Series, festivals, workshops and community engagement events. BPAC is also a rental facility, working with local community groups, promoters, dance competitions, corporate events and more.
Reporting directly to the Audience Services Manager, the incumbent is responsible for delivering service excellence in all aspects of beverage and food operations at the venue. Bartenders are responsible for friendly, efficient, and professional service pre-show, at intermission, post-show, and at rental events as directed. Bartenders are also responsible for bar operations including setup, restocking and clean up. The position manages cash, inventory and financial transactions and reconciliations. The position also requires adherence to the Liquor Licence Act, BPAC policies, and emergency protocols.
- Setting up bar stations for service
- Serving drinks and concession items, following policies, best practices, and Liquor Licence Act
- Processing financial transactions, including high volume cash transactions, making accurate change, and processing debit and credit card payments on POS terminal
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a comparable high volume food and beverage environment or arts venue.
- Smart Serve Certified, and of legal age to serve alcohol in Ontario (18+)
- First Aid training an asset
- Commitment to providing superior customer service while displaying professionalism, a calm and courteous demeanour, and a friendly and approachable manner
- Excellent math and money-handling skills
- Ability to work well in a team, with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Hours of Work
Part-time casual employment. Hours are conditional upon programming, and are both weekly and seasonally variable. Evening, weekend and holiday work is required, as well as occasional daytime shifts.
Range: $15.00 – $15.25/hour
Please submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Bartender in the subject line. No phone calls please.
This posting is for current and future opportunities and will be filled on an as needed basis. Applications will be considered for any openings that become available between now and December 31, 2019.
The Burlington Performing Arts Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees, volunteers, patrons and artists.